What does Alert Level 3 look like at Foot Mechanics?
This COVID-19 pandemic has forced us to think and work differently. During the COVID-19 Lockdown we have been able to deliver a range of services in the safest way we could. By offering Podiatry services remotely via phone or video we have been able to help people in their own homes, by giving practical “how to” advice. Being able to still treat patients has been hugely rewarding for our team. We are now able to “see” people all over the country, no matter where you live!
Physical clinics open during Alert Level 3
All our clinics are open at Alert Level 3 EXCEPT:
- Bethlehem clinic (closed during Alert Level 3)
- Dunedin Hanover Street clinic (closed during Alert Level 3)
- Northcross clinic (closed during Alert Level 3)
- Mount Maunganui clinic (closed during Alert Level 3)
Priority #1 is SAFETY
How do we practice safely?
We have mapped out each “touch” point during your appointment. Your appointment will look different. We will be functioning as efficiently as possible to limit contact but will promise to provide you with the very best service Foot Mechanics is known for. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to make your experience as safe and as enjoyable as possible.
We have taken guidance from the Ministry of Health Protocol for Level 3:
- Patients will be screened before appointments are made to ensure only urgent and severe cases are treated during Alert Level 3
- We are operating a one patient out/one patient in policy in the clinic to achieve social distancing
- Patients will be asked to wait in their car until phoned to inform them it is safe for them to enter
- Every person that enters the clinic (including patients, couriers, support people) will be required to give their details for a contact tracing log
- Every person that enters the clinic will be required to wash their hands on arrival
- Waiting rooms will be closed
- Customer service staff will remain off site
- Clinic treatments will be kept to a time of 15mins maximum each to reduce face-to-face contact
- Cleaning protocols will be conducted between patients (and extra time will be provided for this)
- Podiatrists will see patients in full PPE
- Contactless payments will be available
Appointments to treat nail and skin conditions
At Alert Level 3 we are required to screen patients and ensure they meet criteria based on the severity of their symptoms before we can see them. If you are wanting to book an appointment during Alert Level 3 please phone us. During this time our podiatrists will be in full PPE to reduce risk and the highest standard of cleaning between patients will be undertaken.
Remote Consultations for foot pain and orthotic prescription
During lockdown at Alert Level 4 we launched Remote Consultations via phone or video. This enables us to connect with you, anywhere. We provide professional podiatry advice just like you would receive during a face to face appointment at one of our clinics. We can deliver orthotics to you while in isolation, due to our Essential Service status.
We are just a phone call away
Our friendly team are here to answer your calls and can easily guide you on how we can help during Alert Level 3 or book you in for Alert Level 2. We look forward to seeing you either online or in clinic – please be assured that we will be smiling behind the face mask!
Stay safe and stay active!
The team at Foot Mechanics