Podiatrist – Tauranga (DIA position)
ABOUT FOOT MECHANICS:
The Foot Mechanics story is one of a podiatry business built to stand out from the crowd. When we started in 1996, we never settled for small, we believed that growing a varied and skilled team is what makes us the best we can be. Our podiatry team combines over 155 years of experience allowing a community of knowledge shared amongst peers. We offer exclusive CPD training sessions, mentoring and support to help you thrive in the clinic.
Join our family! This is an incredible time to jump on-board. We are expanding and growing our family bigger & better than ever! We now have 16 clinics across New Zealand, with more clinics set to open this year.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled podiatrist with a passion for seeing patients leave their clinic happier than how they walked in. Clinical excellence is vital, however we are also looking for someone that can get along with others well and enjoy working in a team environment. This role is primarily seeing diabetic patients who are funded by the DHB across different clinic locations across Tauranga. You will need to be willing to travel locally and provision for this travel will be provided. Understanding of and experience with diabetic foot care is vital for this role. Our previous podiatrist is moving cities to be closer to family and we want to hand over these patients to someone who will deliver exceptional podiatry care.
BENEFITS OF FOOT MECHANICS:
· Work-Life Balance, 40-hour week (No Weekends!)
· Supportive & Positive Team Environment
· Continual Professional Mentoring and Professional Development
· Long-term Career Development
· Continuous contact with the wider Foot Mechanics team
· We have fun! We have worked hard to develop a ‘family-feel’ culture and want people to feel valued, appreciated and celebrated.
· Annual and Mid-year conferences and full company meetups
· Competitive salary
· Must have a degree in Podiatry and hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate
· Must have a current drivers licence
· Be able to develop a strong, genuine and personal rapport with your patients – we want people who enjoy talking to patients, not just perform a treatment!
· Have experience working in diabetic foot management
· Be willing to collaborate effectively with Foot Mechanics team members
· Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Provide exceptional foot care and recommendations to patients
· Be open to change; new technologies, treatments and methods to improve patient outcomes.
New Zealand’s fifth largest city is located on the east coast of the North Island about 2.5 hours’ drive south of Auckland. Tauranga (and neighbouring Mount Maunganui) are known as one of the sunniest places of New Zealand and is a place where you are never far from water! Surfing, kayaking, surf lifesaving, are just a few activities available here. In winter, find some of NZs top ski fields within 3 hours of Tauranga. With a great dining and shopping scene, leisure activities are never hard to find in Tauranga.